Sunday, March 23, 2014

Obsessed With Running Man ~ 런닝맨 !!!

Hey everyone, long time to see! Sorry, I’ve been incredibly busy lately so I didn’t have time to post anything on here lately, BUT I am back for now so I am going to update you guys with a few posts…

First and foremost, I have developed a new addiction to this show called Running Man (런닝맨) ! It’s a South Korean variety show, and even if you aren’t Korean, I’m sure you would enjoy it, it’s been subbed in a multitude of languages so everyone can watch.


Now I know it isn’t new, in fact it came out around 4 years ago I believe… nonetheless I don’t think it became as crazy popular as it is now until about a year or two ago.

For those of you who don’t know, Running Man is a South Korean variety show in which The MCs/hosts and guests complete missions in various landmarks, and or play a series of games to win the race.


The ratings of the show are really high, and I can understand why now; it is unbelievably funny and entertaining. The way the editors edit the show is amazing, I give them props, it must be hard to sort through all the footage they get from all the different angles to capture everyone in the cast.

I don’t know why I didn’t give it a chance sooner, I always saw articles or pictures about it , but since I never knew what it was about, it didn’t interest me. Until, this past spring break when I had caught up on all of my favorite TV shows and guilty pleasures, I decided to try something new to fill the void. And since I am someone who watches live TV music shows, Kdramas and variety equally - I decided to finally give Running Man a try. I actually started from episode 40 because it had my biases from 2PM (Taecyeon and Nichkhun) in it. 


The rest is history. That episode alone was enough to get me hooked. I didn’t know just how amazing the actual games they played in the show were. And my description alone isn’t doing it justice, you have to watch it to see what I mean!

I have to admit, at first I began skipping around episodes to see all of my favorite Korean celebrities and singers guest star.

Like Girls’ Generation:


Big Bang: 


Or just a whole bunch of members from other groups I love...
some featured below - (B2ST, T-ARA 2PM, CNBLUE, Super Junior, ZE:A, MBLAQ):



But now, I’ve actually come to fall in love with the Running Man cast and family itself.

I’m in love with Monday Couple (Gary and Ji Hyo):


I love Commander Jong Kook (Kim Jong Kook); the way he is always strategizing, and scaring the cast members is hilarious.


And Grasshopper Yooruce Willis (Yoo Jae-Suk) is an amazing host, and a surprisingly great runner himself.

Let's not forget the Betrayers Club: Betrayal Icon Lee Kwang-soo (aka Giraffe) Big Nose Suk-jin and Playboy and Original Schemer Ha-Ha (aka Haroro) 


All of the dynamics within the family makes it hard NOT to fall in love with them. From the couple making to the games and chases, Running Man is all around amazing, and I just thought I’d share this with you so some of you guys can experience the Running Man obsession with me!


I know this was a super long post, but the show is just THAT good. If some of you are already fans of Running Man I’d love to know your favorite pairings or episodes in the comments below! It’s been about a week and I’m thirty episodes in ~ Hopefully I’ll catch up with them all within a few months ^^  

런닝맨 화이팅 !!!

Take care,
xoxo SiSi



No comments:

Post a Comment