Sunday, March 2, 2014

Girls' Generation Comeback! 지금은 소녀시대 ❤

QUICK NOTE: I try to even out my posts, and not bombard you with a whole bunch of posts on one day and none the next, but with all the stuff going on - and how busy I've been lately (as much as I hate to do it) that's what I'm going too have to do ~ for the time being only though :3 

ALRIGHT, Back to the topic of the post : Girls' Generation !

I haven't posted anything on Korea yet, because quite frankly I haven't had time, but just FYI, I'm very much in love with the Korean culture - movies, shows, songs, dress, food etc...

So with the comeback of my favorite Kpop Girl Group, Girls' Generation, I feel like now is as ideal a time as ever to make a post ~ :) 


In case you are unaware, there is a famous Girl Group from Korea called Girls' Generation, and after about 14 months out of the Korean K-pop scene, they have finally made their Korean comeback with their 4th EP called Mr. Mr. which is also the name of the single they just released their music video for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8j_XEn9b_8

The Video: I know there is a lot of mixed feelings on the video, but I enjoyed it overall; maybe it's just because I'm so happy to see the girls back after over a year of leave from the Korean music department. I personally enjoy the techno style and I like the concept. It kind of reminds me of the "Like A Boy" theme by Ciara back in 2007, with all the girls dressing like guys, except SNSD looks much classier.
The I heard there were apparently some issues with the video development / editing and some files got corrupted or something - so the girls had to reshoot some scenes. All I can say to that is I think they still did a pretty good job, I wouldn't have said anything was out of the ordinary if I just watched the video without that knowledge. That being said, the only thing that could've been re-shot in my opinion is the first dance break: 


Just because where they are, and what they are wearing has nothing to do with the concept... It stil looks nice and isn't too odd, but if I had to guess, that would be the only thing to grab my attention... 

Other then that, the girls all look stunning as usual, and the cinematography of the video is beautiful. I particularly enjoyed the scene where they were all strutting through the hall towards the middle of the song. 


I also love the buildup at the end of the song, first with Tiffany's high note, then Jessica adding on, and then my bias Taeyeon spicing it up even more. 


The Album: Maybe it's because I'm biased, or because its a short EP as opposed to a full length album, but I'm in love with all of the songs. There are only 6 and they are: 

No.Title


Length
   1."Mr.Mr."  


03:55
2."Goodbye"  03:14
3."Europa" (Korean유로파)03:22
4."Wait A Minute"  03:25
5."Back Hug" (Korean백허그)04:09
6."Soul(Korean version)

03:47

My favorite song is "Soul"; apparently GG already released a Chinese version of the song, but I haven't heard it before so I'm in love! The beat is infectious, and their voices are on point. The chorus is so nice, and Tiffany and Hyoyeon's rapping is so good. Next comes the single "Mr. Mr." just because it is their single, and I can't wait for them to perform it live on all the music shows ~ 



The rest of their songs are nice as well: some cute upbeat songs (Wait A Minute & Goodbye), some songs that remind me of old Soshi (like Europa) and some ballads (Back Hug) that show off their voices. That's why I love SNSD, at the end of the day, aside from being pretty, they actually have wonderful singing voices and raw talent, and sometimes people forget that. 

Critiques & Final Commentary: For the video I wish I could see more of the dancing, since GG do have a signature dance from each of their Korean singles. But I guess we have to wait for the live performances to see! 

On the album, I like how you can hear more of each girls' voice in each song, like in "Goodbye" you can hear Hyoyeon's distinct voice and I wish the parts were divvied up more evenly so we can hear her and some of the other girls like Yuri and Sooyoung in the main single. I understand the other girls are more of the main vocalists, but still, I feel like as time goes on they get less parts - in the title songs at least. You can hear them on the albums though. 


They also all looked absolutely stunning :) 
All in all: great album, wonderful comeback. Soshi for life! 지금은 소녀시대 
Go buy the album :D 
Take care!
xoxo SiSi


No comments:

Post a Comment