Monday, January 20, 2014

Pretty Little Liars : Season 4B episodes 14 & 15 Review

Hello everyone!

So I have been kind of behind on my PLL (Pretty Little Liars) lately, but since we have a wonderful long weekend this week, it has given me a chance to catch up on the last week's and this week's episodes.



I could go into an excruciatingly long review of all the things I liked and disliked about the shows return, but rather, I've decided to break down everything that's happened into 10 major points with my commentary underneath. 

1. Haleb Breakup
I don't know if it's just me, but Haleb was one of my FAVORITE couples on the show. They have also been the most consistent - as in no break ups (Ezria) or no temporary dips into the dark side (Spoby) - and I feel like even though I understand that their breakup was necessary for Caleb to go back to Ravenswood (which I haven't watched since episode 3 - so idk if he's fallen for Miranda or not) the way it was handled was so sloppy. Not nearly as clean, or sweet as it could have/should have been. I don't know, there is so much more I could say, but they would all add up to me just being unhappy with the way their break up went down. R.I.P Haleb </3


2. Ezra Creepiness
Alright, I know I shouldn't be saying this but Ezra will always have this edge of hotness no matter what he does, at least in my book ;) That being said, I can't deny or ignore the fact that he went from MAJORLY attractive, to MAJORLY creepy (but still attractive) in the last two eps. I mean sneaking into Hanna's room, looking through her purse?!! That's a big no-no Mr. Fitz. I have to give props to Ian Harding, he's giving Ezra a major 180 degree flip in terms of acting, it's like we can see the crazy emanating from his eyes. Still don't know whether or not I believe he is 100% crazy or evil yet. Mona is onto something though, then again, she always is. I forget how smart she really is sometimes. I was surprised Ezra managed to maintain his ground when she was suggesting he might be hiding something. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the uncomfortable look on her face as she shuffled away once he retaliated. (Mona intimidated?! Guess Ezra is even more dark than we feared...) 


3. Spoby 
I'm pleased Spoby is getting a lot more screen time this season (with Toby disappearing a while towards the end of last season for reasons I can't remember)  There is some serious shade going on with the Hasting and DiLaurentis families. Glad Spencer decided to split and live with Toby. I hope he can get to the bottom of what happened to his mom, I had seeing him all sad, I miss bada$$ Toby.

4. Travis
Kinda cute, not as cute as Caleb, but we shall see if his relationship with Hanna can blossom into something to fill the void Haleb left behind...

5. Hanna got brains
On the topic of Hanna once more, she seriously either got smarter this season or has been smart this whole time and was just playing dumb. Nah, I doubt she could've been playing dumb - what would this show do without the classic Hanna lines. But it terms of character development she has shown the most. I'm pleased with her sudden forcefullness in thinking and producing theories... though her temporary fling with Mike was an unexpected and random surprise.



6. Emily & Aria Issues
I'd have to say that the two characters I'm least pleased with at the moment are Aria and Emily. Emily needs to get her feelings in check and get over this love / hate confusion she has for Allison, it's causing her to not think straight. Also, I don't blame Aria for not seeing into Ezra's creepy new demeanor but she is two timing my boy Jake, and that is not cool. I like Jake and can't wait for him to make his return, he is smart and I hope he can help Aria out.

7. Mama DiLaurentis
Shade alert. She is not alright, something is seriously off about this woman, but I guess we have to wait and see what it is.

8. Where's Mike?
Kind of random... but did they ever explain where Mike went? He just up and disappeared. I guess since he isn't really relevant to the show at the moment they don't need him. But I hope he makes a cameo or two this season - he's cute ;)

9. Allison
She is hella good at hiding, that's all I'm gonna say... *sigh* if she was or is afraid of Ezra, I don't see what could be SO bad about him, or what he could have over her that is so big, that she couldn't get some non-corrupt police officers to handle...

10. CeCe
I feel like we are going to see her name on the news headlines soon, for either being caught or dead. I dont mind either way, I feel like she wont give up any useful info if they catch her alive, so I don't mind her being dead. :p #heartless


Well, that's all I've got to say about these past two eps, all in all, I am sort of dying to know what happens, sort of not. I miss Jake and creepy Ezra has to tow down the creepy... (still cute tho ;P) Can't wait till Tuesday!

Let me know what you think down below!

Take care,
xoxo SiSi






No comments:

Post a Comment